WE HAVE A HANDFUL OF THE ALBUM TO GIVE AWAY FROM THE LOVELY FABRIC.
TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE
COMPS@THERANSOMNOTE.CO.UK WITH "HE MAY NEVER HAVE BOUGHT A SLICE OF VINYL IN HIS LIFE BUT HIS RECORD COLLECTION LOOKS MIGHTY FINE! GIMME, GIMME BRODINSKI" IN THE TITLE. DONE.
WE ALSO HAVE 5 X PAIRS OF TIX TO GIVEAWAY TO THIS FRIDAY'S VERY EXCELLENT LOOKING LAUNCH PARTY WITH BRODINSKI, JACQUES LU CONT, DJ FALCON AND A WHOLE HOST MORE! SIMPLY EMAIL COMPS@THERANSOMNOTE.CO.UK WITH "JACQUES AND BRODINSKI IN THE SAME ROOM? JESUS AND DJ FALCON TOO?? HUBBA, HUBBA!" IN TITLE.
Fabric Records, UK.
Touted by Tiga as a “DJ’s DJ” for his crate-digging habits—despite having never bought a slice of vinyl in his life—French DJ and producer Brodinski has built his craft upon a broad bed of tastes. Over the last ten years the self-confessed internet junkie has been feeding off everything from hip hop and rap to techno, minimal and bass—a musical eclecticism that has invariably been proven in his productions and genre-busting live shows. “Bad Runner” jump-started the buzz around his studio work and laid out their electro foundations, a sound that has since adopted more techno sensibilities on records for Turbo and Sinden’s Grizzly stable. But it is on his mix CDs for Bugged Out! and Savoir Faire collaboration with DJ Orgasmic that his musical splay has come to the fore, and is once more given free-range on the 60th installment of Fabric’s incomparable mix series.
“I discovered the internet when I was 14, my biggest influence for what I am doing right now. All my friends were skating, so I decided to watch skate videos and learn about it, but it was the music was the most important thing for me. I started to download every track off every video from rappers like Cam'ron, Beanie Seagel and Bad Boy, to bands like The Strokes, Make Up and The Hives.”
The first half of the mix chugs along a perpetual house pulse, teased open by Bicep’s Chicago-meetsacid house number “Silk”. Light and dark cuts sit side-by-side here from Axel Boman, Renaissance Man, and Frenchman Clement Meyer, with a brief nod to electro via Brodinski’s own Gucci Vump alias. London funky anthem “Heartbeat”, remixed by veteran Paul Woolford, provides a slight dip in pace before jetting into the high octane portion of the mix that weaves its way to back to acidic techno territories. Brodinski’s mixing flare comes into play as he plunges DVS1’s rework of “For The People” down to a menacing sulk before accelerating towards the climactic “Body Acid”. The final leg features a peek at Brodinski’s new Bromance label with a track off its first EP from Gesaffelstein and Switch’s new solo effort, the yearning dubstep ballad “I Still Love You”.
“I tried to include every track that has change my life over the last two years going from slow motion Techno to R'n'B, from backroom music to Acid House. I dedicate this mix to my friend, mentor, brother, Mehdi Faveris Essadi AKA Dj Mehdi.”
01. Bicep - Silk [Throne of Blood]
02. Low Jack - Slow Dance [unreleased]
03. Tomas Barfod - Beach Party [FOF]
04. Harkin & Raney - Workin & Steamin [Throne Of Blood]
05. Clement Meyer - Fire In Vitro [Correspondant]
06. Axel Boman - Purple Drank [Pampa]
07. Woodkid - Iron (Gucci Vump Remix) [Green United Music]
08. Renaissance Man - Stalker Humanoid [Turbo]
09. T. Williams - Heartbeat (Paul Woolford Remix) [Phonica]
10. John Roman - Petrified [unreleased]
11. TWR72 - Paradox [Sound Pellegrino]
12. Sian - Tropical Sci Fi (Sam Paganini Remix) [Octopus]
13. Samuel L. Session feat. Paris The Black Fu - Hype-Nosis [Detelefunk]
14. Rejected - For The People (DVS1 For No One Mix) [Rejected]
15. Sigha - HF029A1 [Hotflush]
16. Samuel L. Session - The Soloist (Reboot Remix) [Be As One]
17. Gingy & Bordello - Body Acid (KiNK’s On Acid Remix) [Twin Turbo]
18. Gesaffelstein - Control Movement [Bromance]
19. Switch feat. Andrea Martin - I Still Love You [Dubsided]
20. Instra:mental - Pyramid 
21. Glass Figure - Brightside Of House [Satellite Of Love]
22. Riton feat. Shani Cuppcake - Dark Place [Ritontime]
23. Objekt - CLK Recovery [Objekt]
FULL DETAILS AND TO BUY A COPY CHECK HERE